Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose Texas Shock Volleyball Club?
* We offer a very competitive alternative to the “big” clubs and pride ourselves in fostering a Family atmosphere where EVERYONE is IMPORTANT. We have teams for
all levels of athletes including players just starting the great sport of volleyball to the experienced athlete wishing to play on the National stage and pursue a
collegiate career. Our most recent accomplishment on the National stage was a 1st Place Championship with our 15's National Team at the AAU National Championships in Florida.
*WHY TEXAS SHOCK
What age groups does Texas Shock offer?
* We offer teams for athletes from age 10 to 18.
* We also offer a Spring and Fall Clinic Series for 2nd thru 6th graders. The sport of volleyball has become increasingly competitive and players are starting at an
earlier age. Our Clinic Series is a great opportunity for the young player to be introduced to the game. For those young players who enjoy volleyball and start at an
early age, they have a real advantage when it comes time to tryout for their school teams. Virtually all players that play at the Varsity level in high school have
played club volleyball growing up.
Can multi-sport athletes tryout for Texas Shock?
* Yes, we have many athletes that play multiple sports, especially in the younger age groups. We believe it is a great value to the development of the athlete to
cross-train through other sports.
Are teams pre-selected prior to Tryouts?
* No. Each season starts fresh and all players must tryout. Athletes develop at different rates. Some players advance during the previous season more than others
and also the committed players work hard in the off-season to improve their skills so all players have an equal opportunity come tryout time. We obviously know
the skill level of our returning players better so if you are new to Texas Shock, we encourage you to attend our Tryout Prep program so that we can get to know
How many players will be on each team?
* Most teams will have 10-11 players. On occasion we will have 12 players on a team depending the player position needs.
How often do the teams practice?
* Teams will practice twice a week. Our National teams will have additional position training for a portion of the season to work on individual skills as well as agility
What about SAQ Training?
* All teams will have a Speed And Quickness component included in their practice.
How long does the season last?
* Our season begins the last week of November. The end of the season depends on the team. Our 12’s and younger will finish about the end of March with the
option to participate at the Lone Star Classic in April. All of our other teams will finish their season at the Lone Star Classic in April with the exception of our
National teams who will continue their season through Nationals in June.
How many tournaments does a team play in?
* The number of tournaments will vary depending on the team. It will range from 7-8 tournaments for our youngest age groups to 10 tournaments for our National
teams. Teams will generally play two tournaments per month during the season.
What is the cost?
* The cost varies with the level of the team. All players will be required to make an initial deposit to confirm their spot on a team and then a payment plan option will
be offered for all teams. Please see the season fees link on the Tryout page.
Does Texas Shock offer a recruiting program for athletes that aspire to play College volleyball?
* Yes. We offer Recruting assistance for all players who have an interest in collegiate volleyball. We encourage any player who has a desire to play at the next level to
participate. We assist our athletes through the recruiting process and do what it takes to find the best fit for all of our players whose goal is to play college
How are coaches selected?
* Our coaches are selected based on their volleyball playing/coaching background and knowledge of the game. It is also very important to us that our coaches are
passionate about the game as well as having the desire to help the young ladies in our program grow into confident athletes, team players, and leaders on and off
the court. All of our coaches are IMPACT Certified and have passed an extensive background check.
Is there an option to fund raise to assist with paying dues?
* Yes. We offer a variety of fund raising options each season plus through our Non-profit status we offer the opportunity to work at UT sporting events to earn funds
towards season dues. We have had active families who want to put the time in earn as much as 3/4 of their season dues.
Where is Texas Shock located?
* We are based out of S. Austin, N. Hays and surrounding areas. We have players from all over the area including Austin, Buda, Kyle, Dripping Springs, Driftwood,
Oak Hill, San Marcos, Bastrop, Cedar Creek, Smithville, and Lockhart.